- As root, run `yum -y install bitmap-fonts`
- As root, run `ln -s /etc/fonts/conf.avail/70-yes-bitmaps.conf /etc/fonts/conf.d/`.
- Close all open gnome-terminal windows.
- Launch gnome-terminal and edit the current profile.
- Uncheck 'Use the system fixed width font' and click on the font button.
- Select 'MiscFixed' and set the font size to 10.
- Your terminals now look crispy in the dark.
Monday, June 4, 2007
xterm-like fonts for gnome-terminal in Fedora 7
I like using gnome-terminal, but I find the default fonts hard on my eyes. So I don't forget (and for anyone who is interested), here are the steps to use xterm's default font in gnome-terminal: